PALO ALTO, Calif. – The University of the Pacific women's tennis team finished day one of the ITA Northwest Regionals at Stanford University on Friday.
In Case You Missed It:
Round 1 – Doubles
- Hannah Ketcherside partnered with Sabrina Rodriguez and fell to Kristina Breisacher and Sara Tsukamoto of UC Davis, 8-2.
- Duo Dohee Lee and Anneroos Nederstigt advanced to the second round on Saturday, after cruising to a victory over Emily Ackerman and Kimberley Bhunu of Cal Poly, 8-1.
- Ioana Popescu and Anna Ramos Vinolas dropped their match to Jenna Dorian and Frana Ugarkovic of Sacramento State, 8-5.
- Georgia Townsend and Karina Vyrlan fell in their doubles match to Sara Choy and Emma Higuchi from Stanford by a score of 8-2.
Round 1 & 2- Singles
- Nederstigt battled to victory in her first match of the day, defeating Kyra Jung of Seattle, 6-3, 6-4. In round two, she fell to Sara Choy of Stanford in two sets, 6-2, 6-3.
- Ramos Vinolas fell in two straight sets to Caroline Lampl of Stanford, 6-2, 6-0.
- Rodriguez dropped her first-round match to Maria Smith of UC Berkeley by scores of 6-0, 6-0.
- Lee advanced to the second round of singles with a two-set victory over Jordan Harris of Saint Mary's, 6-4, 6-2. In round two, Lee cruised her way to the round of 32 with a victory over Claire Bouquet of Cal Poly in two straight sets by scores of 6-4 and 6-1.
- Vyrlan played Vanessa Wong of Washington and fell 6-4, 6-3.
- Ketcherside fell to Kali McCollister of Seattle in two straight sets by scores of 6-0, 6-0.
- Popescu cruised to victory over Nadine DelCarmen of Santa Clara to advance to the second round by scores of 6-0, 6-3. In round two, she battled in three sets but fell to Natsuho Arakawa, 6-4, 0-6, 2-6.
- Townsend played San Jose State's Alba Pedrero Galindo and dropped in two sets by scores of 6-1 and 6-4.
Coach Erwin's Comments:
"It was a solid day on the courts today. Roos and Dohee getting a win in doubles got us off to a good start followed by wins in singles from Roos, Ioana, and Dohee. We're very excited to have Dohee in the round of 32 in doubles. I am looking forward to the rest of the team having the opportunity to gain experience playing in the consolation."
- Lee and Nederstigt play in round two of doubles on Saturday, October 20 beginning at 9:00 a.m.
- Singles begin at 10:30, with Lee taking on Olivia Hauger of UC Berkeley.