PALO ALTO, Calif. – The University of the Pacific women's tennis team competed in day two of draws and consolations at the ITA Northwest Regionals at Stanford University.
In Case You Missed It:
Round 2 – Doubles
- Dohee Lee and Anneroos Nederstigt played in the round of 32 and fell to duo Niluka Madurawe and Kimberly Yee of Stanford by a score of 8-2.
- In the consolation rounds, Georgia Townsend and partner Karina Vyrlan dropped to Shamika Dhar and Sofia Wicker Velez of Sacramento State by a score of 8-5.
- Hannah Ketcherside and Sabrina Rodriguez advanced to the consolation round of 16, after defeating Ashley Knecht and Gerda Upeniece of Portland State, 8-4.
- Ioana Popescu and Anna Ramos Vinolas pushed themselves to the round of 16 in the consolation bracket with a victory over duo Nadine DelCarmen and Lindsey Pesquiera of Santa Clara by a score 8-7 (2).
Round 3 – Singles
- Lee participated in the round of 32 singles main draw but fell to Olivia Hauger of UC Berkeley in two straight sets, 6-0, 6-3.
- In the consolation brackets, Nederstigt fell to UC Davis's Sara Tsukamoto in two sets by scores of 6-1 and 6-0.
- Ramos Vinolas went up against West Coast Conference opponent Hanna Borjeson of the University of San Francisco and battled through three sets, claiming set one 6-4, but fell in the next two 6-3, 1-0 (9).
- Townsend dropped in three sets to Louise Waite of Eastern Washington. After trailing 1-0 in the match, Townsend came back and took set two, 6-0. The third was a tiebreaker set and she fell 1-0 (5).
- Rodriguez advanced in the consolation bracket with a victory over Nina Nikitovic of Portland State with a 7-6 (6) tiebreak, before Nikitovic was retired.
- Vyrlan cruised to a two-set victory over Pesqueira 6-1, 6-0, to advance to the round of 64.
- The final Tiger, Ketcherside, dropped in her consolation match to Portland State's Upeniece by a score of 6-4, 6-2.
The Tigers will play in round two of consolations tomorrow beginning at 10:00 a.m.