Nov 11, 2018
Pacific women's tennis' stay at the Northridge Fall Invite was cut short due to the southern California wildfires, but not before the Tigers could get a full day of competition in on Saturday.
In case you missed it:
- In the A draw, sophomore Dohee Lee advanced to the semifinals but fell to BYU's Polina Malykh, 7-6, 6-4.
- Also, in the A draw, freshman Jacquie Tan reached the semifinals of the consolation side of the bracket but lost to BYU's Anastasia Abramyan, 6-4, 6-3.
- In the B draw, senior Anneroos Nederstigt fell to San Jose State's Miyo Kobayashi, 6-3, 6-4.
- In the C draw, junior Karina Vyrlan fell in straight sets to BYU's Katie Fitt, 6-4, 6-2.
- In the D draw, junior Ioana Popescu won in the first match of the consolation draw easily over Sophia Lee, 6-0, 6-1.
- Also in the D draw, junior Anna Ramos Vinolas fell to Northridge's Emma Roenholt, 6-1, 6-4.
- In the E draw on the consolation side, senior Sabrina Rodriguez advanced to the finals of the consolation draw over Lilijana Semak and Grand Canyon's Valentina Mokrova.