Pacific women's tennis continued its season-opening tournament, the Fullerton Spring Invitational today and picked up a couple of wins in doubles play in the process.
Pacific took on duos and singles players from Fullerton, Arizona, Denver and Fresno State on the day and picked up doubles wins against teams from Arizona, Fullerton and Fresno State.
"We had a good start to the day with solid doubles play against Arizona. I knew our afternoon match with Denver would be a tough one, but I like how our squad responded to the challenge of facing a team with several nationally ranked players, and who qualified for NCAA's last season," head coach Mike Erwin said. "These experiences are very valuable as we start our season."
- Arizona's duo of senior Sophia Thomas and freshman Csenge Furak defeated Pacific team of sophomore Dohee Lee and senior Anneroos Nederstigt, 6-3.
- Freshmen Jacquie Tan and Maya Lopez defeated Arizona's sophomore Gitte Heynemans and senior Taylor Tamblyn, 6-4.
- Juniors Ioana Popescu and Karina Vyrlan defeated Fullerton's junior Petra Such and sophomore Taylor Valenzuela, 6-3.
- In an extra doubles match, senior Sabrina Rodriguez and a player from Cal State Fullerton defeated a team from Fresno State, 6-2.
- Redshirt senior Arisha Ladhani defeated Lee, 6-1, 6-4.
- Senior Bianca Mok defeated Nederstigt, 6-4, 6-4.
- Sophomore Anna Riedmiller defeated Tan, 6-4, 6-2.
- Freshman Tatum Burger defeated Vyrlan, 6-4, 6-0.
- Sophomore Camille Verden-Anderson defeated Lopez 6-1, 6-5.
- Junior Hannah Templeton defeated Pacific's freshman Georgia Townsend in a tight match, 6-4, 7-6.
- Freshman Toni Nelson defeated Popescu, 6-1, 6-2.
- Thomas defeated Rodriguez, 6-, 6-2.
- Tamblyn defeated Pacific's freshman Hannah Ketcherside, 6-0, 6-1.
The Cal State Fullerton Spring Invitational continues tomorrow with the final day of play.