Pacific women's tennis closed out the Fullerton Spring Invitational today with three wins in singles while two more matches went to three sets.
The Tigers took on Arizona and Cal State Fullerton and Santa Clara in the final day of the tournament. Dohee Lee and Ioana Popescu both picked up wins over players from Arizona while Maya Lopez-Clay picked up her second collegiate victory.
- Pacific's senior Sabrina Rodriguez and freshman Georgia Townsend took on Santa Clara's freshmen Jamie Schroer and Lindsey Pesqueira in a 6-0 loss.
- Senior Anneroos Nederstigt took the first set of her match against freshman Csegne Furak, but went on to lose, 2-6, 6-3, 6-2.
- Arizona senior Sophia Thomas defeated freshman Jacquie Tan, 6-4, 6-2.
- Pacific's sophomore Dohee Lee played in a three-set match the needed a tiebreaker to decide it and defeated Arizona's sophomore Gitte Heynemans, 4-6, 6-0, 7-6 (5).
- Maya Lopez-Clay defeated Arizona senior Taylor Tamblyn in three sets, 7-5, 4-6, 6-2.
Vs. Cal State Fullerton
- Pacific freshman Georgia Townsend fell to sophomore Caisley Lee Emery, 6-2, 6-0.
- Fullerton's senior, Luxizi Meng, defeated junior Karina Vyrlan, 6-1, 6-3.
- Pacific's Freshman Hannah Ketcherside took sophomore Taylor Valenzuela to three sets with a first set win, but fell, 4-6, 6-4, 6-1.
- Pacific's junior Ioana Popescu defeated Fullerton's junior Petra Such easily, 6-2, 6-2.