STOCKTON, Calif. – The Pacific women's volleyball team dropped its Thursday night road match at Pepperdine. The Tigers fell to the Waves in four sets (20-25, 20-25, 25-17, 10-25).
Pacific is now 6-10 on the season and falls to 1-5 against its West Coast Conference foes. Pepperdine Improves to 11-5, 5-1 in WCC play.
In Case You Missed it:
- The game was tied seven times before either team reached 10 points. Pepperdine took its largest lead of four points (12-8) following two Pacific attack errors and a kill by The Waves' Hannah Frohling.
- Pacific remained competitive, battling back within one point (14-15) after consecutive kills by Kaitlyn Lines and Riley Patterson.
- A kill by Riley Ramsey held the Tigers close at 17-19, but Pepperdine won the next three points to pull ahead by five points.
- Pacific would break 20 points, but Pepperdine was already at set point and eventually put the set away at 25-20.
- Pepperdine remained in control of the match, taking a quick 9-3 lead to open the second set.
- Pacific answered right back with 5-0 run that brought the Tigers back within one point (8-9).
- The two squads remained within three points of each other for nearly the remainder of the set, but following a kill by Kaitlyn Lines at 19-21 Pepperdine won three straight points to give the Waves set point (19-24).
- Pacific won another point at 20-24, but ended up dropping the set 20-25.
- It was all Tigers in the third set, hitting a whopping .370 as a team. Pacific totaled 12 kills and committed just one error, while collecting five points on service aces.
- The third set started with ties through the first four points. The Tigers went on to out-score the Waves 11-5.
- At 15-10 the Tigers started an 8-2 run that put them nearly out of reach.
- Pepperdine had one last surge, but Pacific convincingly claimed the set, 25-17.
- The first four points were competitive once again, but Pepperdine snagged four-straight points to extend to its largest lead (8-4).
- Tigers went on to win the next point, but the Waves answered right back with a five point run to take a solid 13-5 lead.
- Kaitlyn Lines had consecutive kills before Pepperdine extended its lead to double-digits (18-8).
- Pacific scored twice more on kills by Alex Holt and Riley Patterson, but eventually dropped the match with a set three score of 25-11.
- Riley Ramsey recorded her first double-double of her collegiate career, totaling 13 kills and a team-leading 11 digs. In addition, the Greenbrae, California product recorded three service aces and three blocks.
- Kaitlyn Lines led the Tigers' offense once again with a total of 15 kills.
- Alex Holt hit a team-best .429 (7-1-14)
- Riley Patterson also had double-digit kills with 12 on the night. She also collected seven digs.
- Gabby Leo commanded the offense with 29 assists, while also totaling nine digs.
The Orange and Black will travel just 20 minutes from Malibu to take on Loyola Marymount on Saturday. First serve is set for 12:00 p.m.
Streaming and live stat links can be found on the Pacific Women's Volleyball schedule page.
Fans, be sure to follow Pacific Women's Volleyball on Twitter (@PacificVball) and on Instagram at pacificvolleyball.