GLENDORA, Calif. - The women's water polo team earned their second conference victory on Saturday as they defeated Azusa Pacific, 12-5.
The Tigers, 9-8 overall, move to a perfect 2-0 start in GCC play following the win and split their two-match road trip in Southern California. Azusa Pacific moves to 14-12 overall, 1-2 in conference.
Pacific vs. Azusa Pacific - In Case You Missed It:
- The Tigers shot lights out early on in the first half scoring eight of their 12 goals through the first two periods of play.
- A 3-0 Kyra Christmas stretch to open the first period put the Orange and Black in front. Both Christmas and Truly Dorland would each add a pair in the second frame and Savannah Fitzgerald would punch in a goal of her own to help UOP take a commanding 8-2 advantage over the Cougars.
- Pacific would outscore the Cougars, 4-3, following the break to maintain their lead and pull out the victory.
- Clara Vulpisi fueled the Tigers backline grabbing 12 saves in the match to hold off APU. This would be the freshman keeper's third game with 10 or more saves.
Up Next For the Tigers:
- Pacific heads back to Chris Kjeldsen Pool next weekend as they host a two-match home stand against California Baptist and LMU.
- The Tigers will play the Lancers at 6:00 PM on Friday, April 5th, and take on the Lions that following Saturday, April 6th, at 1:00 PM.