STOCKTON, Calif. - The women's water polo team took a 15-7 win at home against California Baptist Friday night.
The No. 7 Tigers moves to an overall record of 10-8, 3-0 in conference. CBU drops to an even 13-13 on the year and 1-2 in conference.
Pacific vs. California Baptist - In Case You Missed It:
- The Tigers broke out with a 5-1 lead in the first period to pull away from the Lancers early. The Tigers would spread the wealth as four Tigers tallied a goal in the quarter including a pair from Kyra Christmas (5:44, 4:35).
- Christmas would score the Tigers next two goals in the second period, notching her seventh hat trick of the year, fourth consecutive. UOP extended the margin to 9-2 approaching the half as Viktoria Szmodics set up Viktoria Tamas with a last-second goal (:16). Despite a three-goal by the Lancers in the final frame, the Tigers would maintain a comfortable lead to end the match and cruise to victory.
- Clara Vulpisi had a record night for the Orange and Black in the cage. The freshman from Montreal, Canada would lock down the Lancers' offense registering 15 saves in the match.
- Vulpisi would record four or more saves in three out of four periods for the Tigers. She also notched five saves against Cal Baptist in the second frame holding them to just 1-8 shooting.
- The Lancers would score five of their goals in the match against Vulpisi off powerplay opportunities. As a whole, the Canada native held the Lancers to 7-31 shooting from the field.
- Viktoria Szmodics tallied her fifth hat trick of the season on Friday night. The senior from Hungary would extend her consecutive streak with goal to 11 matches.
Up Next For the Tigers:
- Pacific returns back to Chris Kjeldsen Pool on Saturday as they host another match against Loyola Marymount. LMU is winners of three straight taking an 8-4 win over Santa Clara Friday.
- The Tigers will play the Lions at 1:00 PM tomorrow.