FRESNO, Calif. - The women's water polo team took their first round match against Concordia on Friday night. The Tigers, 15-8 overall, would spread their offense out as nine players scored in the contest for a 16-3 win over the Eagles (9-13).
Pacific extends it's season and plays in a semifinal matchup against hosts Fresno State (13-14) tomorrow at 4:15 PM.
Pacific vs. Concordia (GCC First Round) - In Case You Missed It:
- Kyra Christmas got things started for the Orange and Black in the first period as she netted two early goals to pull the Tigers in front. The junior attacker would finish with a hat trick and game-high four points extending her streak to nine straight matches with at least three goals in the contest.
- Pacific would capitalize on two Eagle exclusions late in the quarter as Truly rebounded a ball off a shot from Brianna Utas and sunk her first goal of the game. Mariana Duarte would also find the back end off a powerplay possession giving UOP a 4-0 advantage to end the first.
- Pacific broke the match open with a 7-0 second quarter push. Five Tigers scored in the quarter including two a piece from Brooke Contreras and Toula Falvey. UOP would lead 11-0 at that point.
- The Tigers showcased their ability to spread the ball as 11 of their 17 goals in the match would come off of an assist. Brooke Contreras set a season high a career-high in goals (2) and total points (4) for the night. Freshman Toula Falvey would also shine against Concordia finding the back of the net three times.
- As a team, the Tigers shot 17-31 from the field and held the Eagles to just 2-15 shooting.
Up Next For the Tigers:
- The Tigers look for another win at Fresno State Aquatic Center tomorrow afternoon as they face off against tournament hosts No. 4 Fresno State
- The Bulldogs are coming off an 8-6 victory against No. 5 LMU on Friday.
- Match time for the two teams will be at 4:15 PM tomorrow. Live stream and stats will be provided.